Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rats!

I went to the bank on Friday with the bankbook for the labyrinth account, which I had kept forgetting to take, and asked them to update it and put in $74 more. I had figured I should have $1100 and a little more when I put in the $74, but their figures showed only $959 or something like that. I will try to find the receipts, but although I do keep them, I am liable to lose some of them, too, and probably their figures are right. So I don't have as much as I thought, but I have prospered at the markets this weekend, and I have some more to put in, too.
Surely I will be able to get the clearing done by sometime next month. It may be longer than that before it actually gets done, because the man with the machine may not be able to come right away. Very likely he will be doing another job with it somewhere and I will have to wait til he has time.
Oh, I should say that last weekend a woman who has made a labyrinth in her field, the only one for a long way around, sent me by some guests in her inn, a folder of information on labyrinths, but I haven't had time to read it yet. She can dowse, but I have never had any success doing it, so, when it comes time to lay it out, I hope she will come and help me pick the exact location and the direction it should aim, or whatever you use dowsing for in laying out a labyrinth.
This doesn't have so much to do with the labyrinth, but I have been having some trouble keeping up with the production of enough spoons for my business and getting other things done too, like garden work. But I need to take a day and see if I can get the handles made for the cabinets in my house, especially the drawers, which are not practical to open without them.
This evening I went to the garden to get some greens for dinner, and found the kale seed ready to harvest. If I leave it too long, too much of it will fall on the ground, so I brought that all in and laid it on a sheet to dry a little more so I can thrash it out. But this all takes so much time and effort when my legs don't work any better than they do.
But I need to make more spoons. I have 4 pieces of lilac wood left, 4 or 5 feet long and maybe 4 inches in diameter. I will cut one, at least, up in my next batch, but I can't make all the spoons lilac, because not everyone wants lilac. I will make some apple and some wild cherry, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment