Saturday, July 17, 2010

Journey of the Spoon


Dear, dear Terron,
I wanted to let you know that I received your wonderful spoon! What a treat to find it, so thoughtfully packaged and put in the mail.... and to think of you going through all the steps from carving it, to finishing it, to packaging and mailing it all the way from the magical place I imagine you live. And now, it has found a home in my kitchen on Osprey Lane in Ohio, USA... and we could not be more pleased.

My son said last night, as I shared the story of this spoon (and as he ran his hands across its incredibly smooth, smooth surface), "THIS, this, THIS is my favorite spoon ever." (And he meant it).

I've half a mind to frame it in a shadowbox with our lilac photos and hang it in my kitchen, so I will oft have the reminder to tell the lovely story of the lilac labyrinth. I will let you know. I'm sure the spoon will let me know how it wishes to be treasured.

Meanwhile, I am a bit saddened to hear your dilemma. In my experience, you are one of the most (if not THE most) straightforward, honest, REAL people I know and I'm guessing it is a bit unsettling for you to keep this project secret from one who means so much to you. I wish you well as you determine the next step on the journey.

Sending positive energy and so much gratitude for the gift of your lilac spoon!

1 comment:

  1. I see I never made a comment here, which I suppose I should do. You are welcome, Robin, for the spoon. You did a lot of work for me that I didn't know how to do in getting this blog fixed up to look good and have some good quotes and all. I especially like the one by Hafiz. I have seen a couple short quotes from him before, but never this one for sure. He reminds me of Rumi.
    I don't know what gave you the impression that I am for real, but it is true. To be real is one of the most important things for me. There have been moments when I failed at that, but generally I say and do what I mean.
    Terron

    ReplyDelete